Tuesday 28 April 2015

Divine and Dateless - Tara West

Good girls go to Heaven. Bad girls go all the way... 

What can be worse than electrocuting yourself while getting ready for your Internet date? Realizing the hot stud you’ve been fondling is the Grim Reaper? Being chased by a sex-crazed bloated, naked corpse? 

How about an eternity of more bad hair days and horrific dates? Or lusting after the one guy in all the afterlife whose hydrophobia rivals his fear of commitment? 

Yeah, that’s a whole lot worse. 

My thoughts:
If this is what people believe heaven is like, then heaven sure sucks. Who would want to go here? UGH!.

So Ash electrocutes herself and dies. She is taken to Heaven and it's glorious. You have your own personal sex-slave...I do not care if "it" was called a valet, that was a freaking sex-slave. And you can pig out without getting fat.

But oh oh! There was a mistake in accounting and she belongs on the second floor, but gets sent to the 12th cos of the mistake. So if the 12th looks exactly like our world, then the other floors in purgatory must SUCK!!! You have to work, go to church and be creepy nice to everyone so that you get credits and can go into heaven. And the lower you are the more time that will take. Seriously working now, and then working for another 2000 years, no thank you.

And that is what Ash has to do, find a job, find friends, find something to eat that is gluten free. And to buy things, you spend credits, so it will take ages to go to heaven. The afterlife sucks, if you have been a totally normal person then yes the afterlife sucks.

But things are looking up. There is a sexy Grim! And then there was the thing that almost made me cry, sheesh, pms much?!

Conclusion:
Still, it was good. If I found freebie 2 then I would read it, but buy it, nah.

Cover
eh

Kindle Edition, 258 pages
Published July 5th 2014 by Shifting Sands Publishing
Eternally Yours #1
Contemporary romance paranormal
Freebie

32 comments:

  1. I know I am going to hell bc it is so not for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to hell for snarking on books, so fair

      Delete
  2. OMG heaven sounds like a drag! Glad there is a sexy Grim at least. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmm. Not my type of heaven, buuut I will not complain if a sexy Grim gets me in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, still, sucks being there. At least you can't get preggers when you are dead

      Delete
  4. Yeah I think I'll pass this one up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always think these zany after life books will be funny, but I haven't found one yet that I liked. I think I will pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I think of it it was more depressing

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a pretty airy story with a quirky premise, even if the details are a bit iffy I'm glad you had fun.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not a serious book, but a fluffy one yes :)

      Delete
  7. I liked this one, it was fun. I have book 2 to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Wednesday is half done, so you're halfway through the week! Lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friday is a holiday so it' really Thursday here ;)

      Delete
  9. A sexy grim..levels of heaven..sounds like purgatory.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wouldn't call that heaven, no way. Hell here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, jeez, what a great concept and what a way to waste it. I feel your disappointment :) As always, a sparkling review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Aye ;) and you can do whatever you want with that person

      Delete
  13. Well I surely would be on board with being able to eat everythign I want without gaining. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmmm... Too much going on it sounds like.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP