Friday 13 September 2013

Review: Chimes at Midnight - Seanan McGuire

Things are starting to look up for October "Toby" Daye. She's training her squire, doing her job, and has finally allowed herself to grow closer to the local King of Cats. It seems like her life may finally be settling down...at least until dead changelings start appearing in the alleys of San Francisco, killed by an overdose of goblin fruit.

Toby's efforts to take the problem to the Queen of the Mists are met with harsh reprisals, leaving her under sentence of exile from her home and everyone she loves. Now Toby must find a way to reverse the Queens decree, get the goblin fruit off the streets--and, oh, yes, save her own life, since more than a few of her problems have once again followed her home. And then there's the question of the Queen herself, who seems increasingly unlikely to have a valid claim to the throne....

To find the answers, October and her friends will have to travel from the legendary Library of Stars into the hidden depths of the Kingdom of the Mists--and they'll have to do it fast, because time is running out. In faerie, some fates are worse than death. October Daye is about to find out what they are.

My thoughts:
This book brought up some things and yet again I am dying for some answers about Toby's origin and mostly regarding her mother. Yes there are still things there I need to know.

Book 7, not much to say. Toby is cool as always, and dating Tybalt. YAY! There is trouble brewing and she is in the middle of it.

We have goblin fruit, danger to changelings, a bad queen, and the search for answers. Also McGuire taunts the reader with more answers about Toby's mum, but still not enough. No, instead of all the answers I get a new question and I am dying to know it.

I will have to wait a year for the next one. A YEAR. I know, horrible. Why did I have to read it at once! Sighs. I love Toby too much.

Conclusion:
If you have not started this series then what are you waiting for!?

Paperback, 368 pages
Published September 3rd 2013 by DAW
October Daye #7
Urban fantasy
own

36 comments:

  1. Another series that sounds good. I will add it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toby sounds great, I need to look this up more

    ReplyDelete
  3. want want want!!! you'll laught at me. I thought it was ordered early so I thought it was strange that I didn't have it. When I checked I understood, it wasn't ordered at all. I could have waited longer like that lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Ok I had to laugh :D But I get you, we love too many books

      Delete
  4. I don't know what I'm waiting for!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you give up on cover commentary?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh pooh,! I forgot...again! I love it, it's dark and cool

      Delete
  6. Ok, Ok better make a start lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not started it, waiting for a good swift kick in the rear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have read the first page of the first book, and I promise to read the rest soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wouldn't want to mess with the woman on the cover. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. GAH! I HATE waiting for the next book in series...especially a really good series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No, I don't know why I haven't started this series yet... Especially because I have the first 2 books...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another series I have and need to read....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I STILL haven't started this series. It seems like there are so many cliffhangers though and I'm a wuss about those. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of you better start reading this awesome series right away

      Delete
  14. Sounds like a good one. I year wait is a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A year is way too long to wait for a book you are eagerly awaiting. :) Nice to see you enjoyed the book!

    ReplyDelete
  16. *sigh* I'm a slacker. Total slacker. I need to start the first book yet. *whimper*

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP