Tuesday 3 September 2013

Review: Bad Nights - Rebecca York

Private operative and former Navy SEAL Jack Brandt barely escaped a disastrous undercover

Since her husband's death, Morgan Rains has only been going through the motions. She didn't think anything could shock her--until she finds a gorgeous man stumbling naked and injured through the woods behind her house. He's mysterious, intimidating--and undeniably compelling.

Thrown together into a pressure cooker of danger and intrigue, Jack and Morgan are finding in each other a reason to live--if they can survive the assignment, thanks to the most intriguing woman he's ever met. When his enemies track him to her doorstep, he'll do anything to protect Morgan from the danger closing in on them both...

My thoughts:
 This book has lots of running and suspense. But then that makes sense since it's romantic suspense ;)

The book starts when Morgan finds a nekkid man outside in the rain. She is nice and takes him inside. Now she is careful too, I mean he is a weird nekkid man. She has compassion and common sense.

The naked man is Jack. He was working undercover and was found out. Ex navy seal, tough guy, good guy. Together are they, well there is suspense so you can understand that it get intense (for I reason I wont say.) At the same time there are some feelings slowly growing (well slow and slow, but thinking how much they go through I will say slow.) But she is a widow and mourns, and he is the tough guy whose work is not safe.

There were a few parts that were a bit so and so, but overall they did not bother me too much.

Oh and the evil guy was a total creep.

Conclusion:
Romance, suspense, danger!
 

Cover
Eh
 
Paperback, 352 pages
Published September 3rd 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Romantic Suspense
From the Publisher, for an honest review


29 comments:

  1. Always bring in the hot naked guy from the rain - just to see what happens lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either that or let him die. Kind of bad going out the next day then and he lies there dead. She drags him in instead

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like romantic suspense and don't read it enough. A nekkid man outside in the rain? If he looks like the guy on the cover, then ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well yeah, the evil guy should be a creep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But most of his head is on the cover even!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This got off to a great start for me, but was just so-so in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did finish pretty quickly, it could have used some more drama

      Delete
  7. Oh a good suspens book! It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah! Cause I just used a Discover a New Love credit on this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! You crack me up. :-D From "nekkid man" to "oh and the bad guy is a total creep" to your comment on the cover, "eh"! Haha, I definitely had a little giggle. I do agree that the cover is just eh for this one. I don't really like how it's laid out. :-( Oh well, it does sound like a suspenseful read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well that is what I live for. To make people laugh their pants off ;)

      Delete
  10. Lol. Yeah like most of us would open the door to a naked man outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he stood there, no. If he was dying..eh, yes I would feel bad the morning after

      Delete
  11. My review posts Monday and yep I agree with you :) some parts were so-so and others were good :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to read more romantic suspense! Sounds like this didn't totally blow you away, but that it's pretty good overall. I might give it a try! Thanks for your honest, thoughtful review :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Books seldom blow me away, if I am gonna be totally honest. Even when I am hooked and can't put it down, I am seldom blown away.

      Delete
  13. hey the half nekkid man on the cover is kind of hot lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmm finding a naked man outside in the rain, I would call the cops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been sensible, but would he die before that? She was pretty far away in the woods

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP