Thursday 5 August 2010

Review: Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich


 Book 16

Genre: Chick-lit mystery something
Pages: 400
Published: 2010

Trenton, New Jersey, bounty hunter Stephanie Plum has inherited a “lucky” bottle from her Uncle Pip. Problem is, Uncle Pip didn’t specify if the bottle brought good luck or bad luck. . . .
Vinnie, of Vincent Plum Bail Bonds, has run up a gambling debt of $786,000 with mobster Bobby Sunflower and is being held until the cash can be produced. Nobody else will pay to get Vinnie back, leaving it up to Stephanie, office manager Connie, and file clerk Lula to raise the money if they want to save their jobs.


I am doing a quickie since I read it a week ago.
Plot: 
They need to save Vinnie cos else they will have no jobs. So Steph looses a car again, Lula shoots at people again and they have to pick up grandma from the funeral parlour again. And attend Hobbit con.

Characters:
I do love Stephanie, she is always funny. But I am getting tired of the same old story. I am tired of Ranger saying babe, tired of seeing Joe and Steph break up and make up. Tired of Lula and her gun. But they are still all funny.

Love:
No real loving since they were on a break again and it never gets anywhere with Ranger.

Bad things:
I want something to happen. This is the exact same story as in the previous 15 books. I need her to pick a man, or get pregnant or anything.


Good things:
I still finished it in a day and smiled all along and couldn't put it down. I might be irritated by it all but I still love love this series.

Final thoughts:
Please, a change! I don't wanna read book 20 and find that still nothing has happened. Cos if I stop laughing, then it will be a sad day. I love my Plum novels.


Blodeuedd's Cover Corner: Boring
Reason for reading: Library


18 comments:

  1. Exactly! It's always the same now. *yawn* I want Joe and Ranger to ditch Stephanie and run away together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Chris you bad girl..but..mm, I can see that happening, running away to some private island, sounds like a very hot novel. Stephanie can hook up with Mooner instead ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pick a man or get pregnant? ROFL!!

    B, you cracked me up with this review. I have to agree with you though. I read these books strictly for the giggles - but they are all running together now - something needs to happen already.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is not the sort of book I'd read, but I love your review. I could feel like you were really rushed when you wrote it, haha. That's fun, and funny.;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle,
    Lol, I am glad you liked it ;) Gotta spice it up somehow.
    But yes, yay giggles, not so yay the formula that never changes.

    Irena
    I wanted to get a lot of words out at once, and keep it short ;) They are great, at lest the first 10 or so-

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, I have been having those thoughts as well. Choose one or the other already! And for goodness sakes, let Stephanie get a skip on her own without any problems for once!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read an Evanovich book in some time b/c of precisely the problem you describe -- no action on the personal front.

    BTW: I really like this review format!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nise
    She should at least be able to catch those skips that I feel I could handle, but no. Sigh, and yes choooose!

    DC
    Thanks :) I do like it too, very easy and short. Must use it now and again.
    I so need some action soon there

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Blodeuedd!
    I stopped at number 8 or 9 I think. I have not gotten back into them yet... But I sooo want Ranger for myself!!! **Evil smile**

    Chris is soo funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL B:

    Great review! Man you are really a committed fan to still be reading Ms. Evanovich's books despite the lack of variety. I would have given up I'm afraid..

    I do hope the muse hits and she adds some spice and change to her stories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You nailed it.

    There needs to be progress, either with Stephanie and Joe or Stephanie and Ranger or... how about Stephanie get serious about her job and starts doing it a little better?

    And I'm with Chris, I think...

    cjh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cecile,
    I used to love Ranger, but now to my horror I get annoyed when he says babe! The cruelty of life!

    Lea
    I am hopelessly addicted even if they are getting on my nerve. And the spice has been lacking for some time now

    Cj
    Yes, pick a man! Please. Or focus on your job and not run to Ranger every 15 minutes for a new car

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read the first two in the series but then got tired of them.
    Great review, I do hope something happens with her and Ranger.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Naida,
    Right now I just want her to get a new guy, Ranger is not gonna settle down, and poor Joe, trying to get her back all the time

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've read other reviews saying the same thing, great series but predictable, Ms. Evanovich needs to change things up a bit!

    (Love the 'get pregnant or something line, lol!)

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dottie
    I fear many are staring to feel like this now. Sure there are other series that have gone on but at least most have changed the scenario of the books

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you enjoyed it. I've heard such mixed reviews for this one that I haven't read it yet. Not sure if I will yet; they do seem all the same already.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darlene
    Sadly they are all the same and nothing knew happened in this book anyway, but I am hopelessly addicted anyway

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP