Friday 20 August 2010

Review: The Last Celtic Witch - Lyn Armstrong



 *Previously posted over at Royal Reviews*

Release Date: 2007
Pages: 150
Genre: Historicalparanormal


Young Adele MacAye has seen her own death, she is the last Celtic Witch and she does not that legacy to end with her. That would end all the good magic in the world, and lead the path for darkness. So she does what any good witch would do, she created a fertility spell and lets that lead her to the man who can sire a child.

Laird Phillip Roberts is a warrior and lives a rough life fighting a bloody battle against a neighbouring clan. One way to end this would be to marry and make an alliance. But after meeting a fairy like creature in the woods he is not sure of anything anymore.

I do feel that this book could have been better. It had a very interesting story about a woman trying to escape the fate she has seen, and not letting good magic die. She did not think she fall for the man fate chooses. And then there is the Laird who wants to save his people but is losing his heart to an alluring witch. He does not want to marry another. And there we have the villain, an evil, sorceress who plays black magic and wants to crush the good witch, and gain more power, not to mention more land.

That had the premise to be a great story, and it was good and short when it played out. And then there was the times when the author put in those spicy scenes, but that is of course to be expected. But what I mean in the end is that didn’t always feel like a part of the story, just something to use of the sensual aspect of it all. These two didn’t always mix as well as they could have, and either mix it, or cut it out.

But for people who wants some spice with their historical, and some paranormal then this might be it. In that way it sure has it all.

Blodeuedd's Cover Corner: Liking it, but not the guy
Reason for reading: My won copy
Final thoughts: Some are gonna like this for sure


18 comments:

  1. *waves*
    I've missed your honest reviews and I'm glad to be back again. :D
    Too bad this book wasn't for you, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it sounds like it had a lot of potential that it just didn't quite live up to. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. The premise is interesting, but too bad good premises can disappoint when authors just fail to deliver. I, too, am not particularly fond of sensuality for the sake of it. Good review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm, sounded promising. It does sound like an interesting genre to me (combines most things I like).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounded like it was going to be a good one. Sorry it fell short for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janna
    Awww thanks! it is good to see you back again, we missed you, and your reviews. Sadly it wasn't, but I like the premise

    Chris
    It sure had, but then, nope, I'll leave it for a smuttier person, lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Irena
    It sure was, but somewhere along the line the book fell short for me. And to have sensuality just cos, it can work, but here it felt forced at times.

    Linda
    It was a nice combination, and I sure like Scotland...but...

    Darlene
    It happens, but at least it was short

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not my cup of tea but hey you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds interesting, too bad it didn't live up to it.

    And I have an award for you in my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Staci
    That's true, you never know :=)

    Elysium
    Thanks :D
    Some books just don't, but sure for others

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shame it doesn't live up to the potential. It does have so many aspects I tend to enjoy though. It's short, maybe I should give it a chance anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carol
    I can only speak for myself and I do know people will enjoy this book even if I didn't

    ReplyDelete
  13. Except for the last book, I've read this whole series. Very HOT stuff! I'm not sure which one was my favorite. Overall, a great series.

    Diana ♥ Book of Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diana,
    I am glad to find a person who liked it :) Cos yes it was hot, but something was not there for me

    ReplyDelete
  15. It does sound like it could have been better. Thanks for the honest review!

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice review. Sorry it didn't move you though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry this wasn't exactly what you wanted. The premise sounds good but I despise having the spicy just thrown in there without it making a little bit of sense.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Naida,
    Just not for me I guess

    FV
    Can't win them all

    Jenny
    Sometimes it felt that it was really edgy just for the sake of it, and I want things to make sense

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP