Monday 2 August 2010

Review: Entwined - Elisabeth Naughton

Eternal Guardians, book 2

Genre: paranormal romance
Pages: 336
Published: July 2010 Dorchester Publishing

ZANDER — The most feared of all the Eternal Guardians. It’s rumored he can’t be killed, and he always fights like he has nothing to lose. But as a descendant of the famed hero Achilles, he’s got to have a vulnerability… somewhere.

Forces of daemons are gathering and have broken through the barriers of the Underworld. Now more than ever the Eternal Guardians are needed to protect both their own realm and the humans’. Zander can’t afford to think about what might have been with the bewitching physician he once regarded as his soul mate. But with eternity stretching before him, he also can’t fathom spending his life without the one woman who makes him feel most alive. Perhaps he’s found his weakness, after all.


Zander has lived for a very long time, and fears that he will never die. He is a great guardian protecting a hidden world and half-breeds out in the human world. But he also feels that he has nothing to live for after his soul mate left. He is hurt deeply. And now demons are hunting in the human world and the half-breed colonies are under attack as the goddess Atalanta is trying to take over. And she wants the guardians dead, together with the rest. But then he meets his soul mate again.

I liked the mythology in this one. Atalanta has taken twisted humans that turns into demons out of Hades. She attacks half-breeds, one parent human, the other Argolean who lived in this closed off realm. For protection they have the guardians who all are descended from the Argonauts. There is magic there and they live for a long time. And of course the Greek gods are all true. Now that I like.

Zander who is descendant from Achilles has lived for over 800 years and he is tired of it. He is protective, strong, and he loves deeply someone who turned away. Here we learn why. She, Callia is a healer, also very protective and strong. And I wonder what happened, but just gotta read on. They obviously want each other.

There is also a sidestory with a kid, Maximus who is in Atalanta's grip. 

There is some ass-kicking, they do want to kick those demon butts back to the underworld. And then there is the troubled love affair between two people who love each other and are so angry at each other at the same time.

I shall not forget the court intrigues since the king is having trouble from the council and wants the princess to marry an Argonaut, and there again I wonder who it will be. It looks to be an interesting book 3, I assume she will be the heroine, and as for the man, well read on.

Cool side characters too, like what's the deal with Orpheus? He seems interesting, but do I trust him? In the end, an interesting paranormal romance.

Blodeuedd's Cover Corner: Nice
Reason for reading: From the publisher
Final thoughts: Greek mythology, sexy heroes and a hidden world, I can't say no to that.

3


22 comments:

  1. This sounds like a book I would really love. Greek mythology and sexy heroes? Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your final thoughts -- I agree it does sound like an irresistible combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like it when kids are secondary characters :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana
    Hehe I know right, mythology and sexy heroes, that is just a perfect combo

    DC
    Lol, I do try to please

    Carrie
    They can be fun, not here though, here it was more, save him

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a slick PNR read, one that you start and finish in a day. Who can deny greek mythology and sexy warriors...it's a win-win for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. B,

    I'm glad you liked this one. :) Great review.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Greek mythology and happily I received ENTWINED in the mail the other day. Now I'm looking forward to the read after your review. It sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leontine
    Well 2 days ;) But then it hardly counts since I finished it before I got up this morning

    Michelle
    It was the mythology, yup, and those demons were so creepy too

    VFG
    Ooo, good! I hope you like it too, cos I never say no to mythology and she had a nice spin of it all here

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds interesting! I liked her other books so maybe i'll give this a try. She's certainly getting popular, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH Blodeuedd! Great review hon. I have seen this one around and am dying to get my hands on it!
    Thanks for the review!!!!
    Hugs to you honey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds very interesting and sad for the first part. :P Love the cover of this book!! Thanks for the awesome review.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lori,
    I do have another book by her, in that suspense series so I really should take a look at it

    Cecile,
    Hope all is good there, and you're reading great smutty stuff, lol.

    *waves to Chris*

    Nina,
    It does have one awesoem cover for sure :)
    sad, nah, not really, he just got issues

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree, greek mythology and sexy heroes definitely sound interesting. Great review :)
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Naida
    It sure does, I always did like them, and the Gods :=)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Zander guy sounds like I'd like to spend some time with him, lol! All and all, seems like a very interesting book and series.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lilly
    I'd sure like to meet him :) Just as long as the protected me from nasty demons

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm quite curious with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I gave this one to a guest reviewer and I'm really regretting it now. Sounds like a wonderful read. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jen
    It was a nice one :)

    Vixen
    Oh, well perhaps you'll get the chance to read it later, I hope :) I do think you'd like it

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay, another author and another series to add to my list. (I haven't read this author yet!) You know how I love mythology, and I haven't read anything dealing with Argonauts. Too Cool!

    Thanks for a great review B!

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dottie
    It was a cool twist of things, and I was happier to read about their great grandkids and so on than themselves. Still pissed at some after too many movies, I am so weird

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP