Wednesday 4 August 2010

Review: All that Mullarkey - Sue Moorcroft

Genre: Women's fiction
Pages: 336
Published: June 2010 Choc Lit


Revenge and love: it's a thin line...

The writing's on the wall for Cleo and Gav. The bedroom wall, to be precise. And it says 'This marriage is over.' Wounded and furious, Cleo embarks on a night out with the girls, which turns into a glorious one night stand with... Justin, centrefold material and irrepressibly irresponsible. He loves a little wildness in a woman and he's in the right place at the right time to enjoy Cleo's. But it s Cleo who has to pick up the pieces of a marriage based on a lie and the lasting repercussions of that night. Torn between laid-back Justin and control freak Gav, she s a free spirit that life is trying to tie down. But the rewards are worth it.


Moorcroft did again and delivered another honest and lovely book. And she also gives us another ass who breaks it off in such an evil way. This time our heroine comes home and in the bedroom her ass of a husband has written on the bedroom wall, the marriage is over.

That is how the book starts, and Cleo goes out. There she meets hottie Justin who takes her home, and she is loving it. But as the dust settles the next day she goes home to find a husband who regrets his outburst. She tries to save her marriage, but in the end, is it worth saving?

Let me start with saying that Gav was an ass, not just cos of his little message, but because of so many other things. He controls her, and as I read on I come to realise just as she does that this marriage is not as perfect as everyone thought.

Cleo is great, she tries to work things out with Gav. And she finds her own strength. She is honest. And then there is hottie Justin, such a hottie and he has it bad for her. He was a great guy, and I am sure most women will think so too.

An honest book about a real marriage that has cracks under the surface. A book about people making mistakes, people trying their best, and falling in love. And no 2 week romances here, no, they take their time to fall in love, and when they do you just lean back and smile, and think, this is the real deal.

There is a lovely romantic story evolving in this book, and they are so meant for each other, even if the road there is long. An honest, romantic story about a woman torn between two men. I liked it, and I especially like the second half cos there is gets kind of exciting, and it kept me wondering how that would end.

It's always nice to read about real people because it does make me think, what would I do?

Blodeuedd's Cover Corner: Nice and simple
Reason for reading: From choc lit
Final thoughts: Ratty was in this book, yay :D

3

27 comments:

  1. B,

    Sounds like you enjoyed this one. :)

    Great review.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your review! I am interested in this book, so I really like the way you presented it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about a hook (writing on the wall)! I'd have to keep reading just to see where it would all end. Adding the title to my tbr list. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for such a great review!

    I love to get that feeling that my writing has given somebody pleasure. Maybe because books are one of the deepest pleasures in my own life - I like to spread that feeling around.

    www.suemoorcroft.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what I would do either. Although, if I came home, found that, and had a day to think about it....I think it would be over. There are some things you can't take back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review. Not a book I would normally pick up but after reading your review I'll keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ugh i don't know if i could read this one with gav being such a controller. i'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle
    I do like books like this one, cos I have been reading way too much PNR this month. All those shifters.

    Irena
    Thanks :) It was nice, and trust me, you'd like Justin

    Mary
    I sure didn't know, I hoped, but I still wasn't sure. You just never know

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue
    Thanks for your comment :)
    I think that would be something I loved too if I was a writer. To see people enjoying my stories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny
    I would be so angry, and well she was really really angry, and the reason he lost it in the first place, tsk. But they had been together for 5 years, she wanted to try at least. But yes it was so childish of him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda
    I am glad I turned our eye to it then :D

    Carrie
    Like I said, he was an ass, but don't worry, he didn't control her for long

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now this sounds like a book that I want to read!! Gav sounds like an ass for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seems like a good romance. Gav sounds like a jerk, glad she finds love in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dang, writing on the bedroom wall is COLD.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, on the wall. Talk about the writing is on the wall. Great review Blodeuedd! I really like the sound of this book! I will be checking it out! Thanks honey! Hope all is well and have a great week!!! Hugs to you honey!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Staci
    I am glad it does :) and yes total, total total ass!

    Carol,
    He sure is. But I was certainly pleased that she got to be happy in the end

    Chris
    It's up there with some of the worst ways to break up I have read or seen.

    Cecile,
    Hi sweetie, all is well, on this rainy day, I got wet twice! Well ok one time on purpose cos it was kind of hot outside ;)
    Hope you're having a lovely week

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree - it can be super nice to read about real people. This sounds so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Naida :)

    Brizmus
    It sure can be, I could never live on one genre alone

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is quite a way to tell someone the marriage is over!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mandi
    It's so horrible, but at the same time funny to see what things authors come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful review B, you enjoyment of the story really came through and your right it is so nice to read a book that is about a relationship that resonates as honest and true!

    Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lea
    I am glad it did. And it's a book that makes you happy in the end. Cos it's more reality, and yes there is hardship but love in the end

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi B

    What a nice review and I love the title, lol! Too bad Gav was an ass, but Cleo gets one night with a hottie, maybe more?

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dottie
    You know I can't say...but I can say I hate books with no HEAs and since I liked this book ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice review. This one sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Darlene
    I do think you would enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP